|Coach Bursary (Posted 28-07-10)|
|Finance - Grants|
|Wednesday, 28 July 2010 18:01|
Are you a volunteer? Do you want to improve your skills? Would £1,000 be of help? Is you Governing Body keen to help out, but, can't find the funds? If so, why not apply for a Torch Trophy Trust Bursary!
The aim of the bursaries is to help volunteers to improve their skills as coaches or officials but are unable to do so without funding. The bursaries provide financial support for those wishing to undertake training.
All those associated with the Trust are committed to its aims to recognise the `unsung heroes' and to enable individuals to participate and develop their talents in their chosen activity.
Recipients come from all parts of the United Kingdom and include those involved in youth sport and sport for the disabled.
How do the bursaries work
A Torch Trophy Trust bursary is awarded to enable individuals or groups to enhance their knowledge in order to assist their club, organisation or community to develop their chosen sport, by:
- Providing funding for volunteers.
Criteria for applications
In most cases, the minimum bursary would be £100 and the maximum £1000 and it would not be for more than 50% of the total costs involved. Exceptional applications may be considered for grants outside these guidelines.
The bursaries are for individuals or groups who are unable to obtain the necessary funding from any other source.
A letter from the relevant Governing Body must support the application.
Applications are welcome from all parts of the United Kingdom and from all sports including disability and youth.
Comments from sports that have benefited from a bursary
"Although we were only able to apply for a fairly small grant it nevertheless made a massive difference".
"Application was straightforward and not tied up with numerous hours of red tape".
"The Torch Trophy Trust bursary enabled Modern Pentathalon to run a volunteer training weekend. Without this support we simply could not have run the course".
Visit here for an application form:
Advertise on Football Help
Your Name Could be here
Latest Football Blog Posts
Donate to Football Help
Latest Site Updates
- Job Vacancy: Women & Girls' Football Development Officer (C/D 31-07-11_
- Job Vacancy: Admin Assistant (C/D 24-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Referee Development Officer (C/D 7-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Football Development Officer (C/D 25/02/11)
- Job Vacancy: Senior Football Development Officer (Girls and Women's) (C/D 21-2-11)
- Annual Foxhall Easter Tournament (24 & 25 April)
- Loughborough Dynamo - Summer Cup
- Bessacarr FC - 30th Anniversary Tournament - 18 & 19 June
- Brewood Junior FC Tournament
- Job Vacancy: Welfare Officer (C/D 11-02-11)
Join Our Facebook Group
You are not logged in.