|O2 Announces New £5 Million Community Fund for Young People|
|Finance - Grants|
|Wednesday, 17 March 2010 20:07|
Mobile phone network O2 has launched a new community programme to help young people aged 13 – 25 make a difference to their communities.
Think Big is a new programme which will offer £300 cash grants to young people, along with training, support and mentoring from some of the UK’s most prominent youth charities - The National Youth Agency and UK Youth. The scheme is also being supported by the Telefonica Foundation.
Young people will be awarded the grants to run projects having a positive impact on their local communities. These may include fighting crime, starting local youth groups or renovating community spaces. Eligible projects should be run by young people for young people, and may have the opportunity to apply for a further £2,500 to continue their work.
Think Big will build on the success of O2’s ‘It’s Your Community’ initiative which assisted over 1000 youth projects.
O2’s chief executive Ronan Dunne, said:
“Research shows that today’s society paints a negative picture of young people in Britain. We want to help change that by supporting grassroots social action.
“We believe young people’s ideas can have a huge positive impact on their communities and we want to enable and empower them to deliver change for themselves.”
For further information on Think Big visit http://www.o2thinkbig.co.uk/About-Think-Big/
Advertise on Football Help
Your Name Could be here
Latest Football Blog Posts
Donate to Football Help
Latest Site Updates
- Job Vacancy: Women & Girls' Football Development Officer (C/D 31-07-11_
- Job Vacancy: Admin Assistant (C/D 24-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Referee Development Officer (C/D 7-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Football Development Officer (C/D 25/02/11)
- Job Vacancy: Senior Football Development Officer (Girls and Women's) (C/D 21-2-11)
- Annual Foxhall Easter Tournament (24 & 25 April)
- Loughborough Dynamo - Summer Cup
- Bessacarr FC - 30th Anniversary Tournament - 18 & 19 June
- Brewood Junior FC Tournament
- Job Vacancy: Welfare Officer (C/D 11-02-11)
Join Our Facebook Group
You are not logged in.