|Wells Sports Foundation|
|Finance - Grants|
|Thursday, 04 March 2010 20:15|
The Wells Sports Foundation is a new sporting charity created and entirely funded by successful entrepreneur, Barrie Wells, to provide financial and motivational support to sustainable grassroots sports projects. The Foundation provides grants to qualifying sports clubs to help fund legacy projects that will increase participation in sport both now and in the future. The Wells Sports Foundation supports projects that develop sport at grassroots level.
The Sports Grants Scheme has been established to create a lasting legacy for future generations through the development of club sport. Grants of between £500 and £2,000 are available to sports clubs to support worthwhile projects.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The Foundation aims to support projects that demonstrate development and sustainability of sports clubs. For example - projects that need equipment that is specifically focused on increasing participation, CRBs for volunteers, coaching qualifications and refereeing/umpiring courses.
The Sports Grants scheme is now open and accepting applications from sports clubs.
Who can apply?
We will only accept applications from sports clubs that meet all of the criteria in our self assessment checklist:
Self-Assessment Check List
• The project supports the development of grassroots sport for young people aged between 5-18.
• The club has achieved Clubmark status.
• The club has at least one partnership agreement with a local state school.
• The club has raised at least 50% of the funds required for the overall project and can provide evidence of this if required.
• The remaining funding requirement for the project is between £500 and £2,000 and the overall project cost does not exceed £5,000.
• The club understands that the grant may not be available for up to 90 days from the Panel assessment date.
• The club agrees to the terms and conditions that will form part of the Grant Agreement.
• The club can provide a copy of its latest financial accounts.
• The applicant is an Officer of the club
• You may be asked to provide evidence of some of the above to form part of your application.
For further information and to download an application form please visit: http://www.wellssportsfoundation.org/grassroots-sport/applying-for-support.aspx
Advertise on Football Help
Your Name Could be here
Latest Football Blog Posts
Donate to Football Help
Latest Site Updates
- Job Vacancy: Women & Girls' Football Development Officer (C/D 31-07-11_
- Job Vacancy: Admin Assistant (C/D 24-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Referee Development Officer (C/D 7-6-11)
- Job Vacancy: Football Development Officer (C/D 25/02/11)
- Job Vacancy: Senior Football Development Officer (Girls and Women's) (C/D 21-2-11)
- Annual Foxhall Easter Tournament (24 & 25 April)
- Loughborough Dynamo - Summer Cup
- Bessacarr FC - 30th Anniversary Tournament - 18 & 19 June
- Brewood Junior FC Tournament
- Job Vacancy: Welfare Officer (C/D 11-02-11)
Join Our Facebook Group
You are not logged in.